Roads are often unsafe for pedestrians
- 21% of deaths due to car accidents are pedestrians
- 20% required hospitalization for serious injuries
- 75% required ER visits
Streets are primarily designed for use by cars and trucks and in some instances have layouts that are very unsafe for pedestrians. These factors, combined with the many drivers who are speeding, texting, or otherwise distracted, creates an extremely hazardous environment for pedestrians.
Who is most at risk?
- Older adults
Based on 2012 CDC data, pedestrians ages 65 and older accounted for 20% of all pedestrian deaths and 9% of pedestrian injuries.
According to the CDC, in 2012 more than one in every five children between the ages of 5 and 15 who were killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians.
We can help you
- Identify all potential defendants and finding all insurance coverage
- Gather evidence such as accident reports, medical records, and other information
- Document all of your damages and medical treatment
- Build your case to prove that the defendant(s) was at fault
- Involve appropriate experts when needed
- Deal with the insurance companies
- Advise you so that you can make informed decisions about your case
The insurance companies have lawyers working on their side. You are going to need a pedestrian accident lawyer working on your team. Let our accident attorneys fight for you! We are available 24/7 including nights and weekends and have offices in Broward and Dade. Call (954) 687-9100 or visit and office near you today.