If your Florida home has been damaged by a hurricane, and you have filed a Florida hurricane damage claim, there are several types of hurricane insurance adjusters who may work on your damage claim.
The types of hurricane insurance adjusters who may work on your Florida hurricane damage claim include:
- A company adjuster – This is an employee of your insurer, who is sent to determine the value of your Florida hurricane damage claim. This type of hurricane insurance adjuster will typically be licensed in Florida.
- An independent adjuster – This type of hurricane insurance adjuster may be labeled as independent, but they are generally contracted by the insurance company, and work for them, not you.
- A catastrophe adjuster – This type of hurricane insurance adjuster also works for the insurance company. Some of them are very experienced, although some may have very little training.
- An SIU adjuster – SIU stands for “special investigative unit.” If you receive a visit from this kind of hurricane insurance adjuster, then most likely your insurer suspects you are misrepresenting your claim (fraud). In this case, you should immediately seek help from a Florida hurricane attorney.
- A public adjuster – This type of hurricane insurance adjuster is hired by, and works for you.
To know more about what type of hurricane insurance adjuster may represent your Florida hurricane damage claim and how to communicate with them, you can consult an experienced Florida hurricane attorney.
Contacting a Florida Hurricane Attorney
The Florida hurricane attorney team at Falk & Falk Law Firm knows how important it is to you and your family to get the settlement you need to move on with your lives. Our hurricane attorneys have experience in helping victims of natural disasters—and other homeowners’ nightmares—recover from their loss. An experienced attorney can navigate the tricky world of homeowners and hurricane insurance and help you fight for the compensation that you need. Contact us today – (305) 742-0878.