Wrongful Death Survivor Claims and Bystander Claims
There are two types of Claims that can be made by family members after a Wrongful Death.
1. Survivor Claims: This is for family members / dependents left behind after the loss.
2.Bystander Claims: This is for the trauma caused when a family member is a witness and was present at the time of the loss.Family members are entitled to compensation for the following reasons:
- Loss of support and benefits from the deceased
- Loss of companionship and protection
- Mental pain and suffering Lost companionship, instruction, and/or guidance
- Medical and funeral expenses when paid by a survivor
- Lost job income
- Lost inheritance
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expense
Compensation for the unexpected and wrongful death
No amount of money will ever be enough to compensate for losing a loved one. However, you could be entitled to collect from those responsible. For many families, that money is extremely helpful to ease the financial burden brought on by sudden tragedy and lossWrongful death can be caused by a number of things such as:
- Defective product
- Auto accident
- Slip and fall
- Inadequate security at an event or venue
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site accident And many more.
Immediately following a Wrongful Death, though it is a very stressful time, it is important to gather any available proof that would show the fault of the person and/or company that was responsible for the death. This includes:
- Photos of the accident scene
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Names and contact information of witnesses and responders
- The defective product.