Dealing with Claims Adjusters After Your Home Break-in

Free Case Evaluation

If you discover that your home has been broken into, and some of your possessions have been stolen, you may be entitled to compensation in a Florida theft claim with your homeowners insurance company. You’ll deal with a claims adjuster from your insurance company throughout most of the process. 

The claims adjuster will start to assess your losses by asking you for:   

  • the number of your police report;
  • your list of stolen items; and  
  • if you need emergency repairs to your home. 

Next, an adjuster will come to your home and assess the value of your Florida theft claim. When the adjuster is done with their investigation, they may make you a settlement offer. You can accept the offer, or if you are not happy with it, you can try to negotiate your Florida theft claim. To do so, you may want the help of a Florida homeowners insurance lawyer. 

An experienced Florida homeowners insurance lawyer can fight for fair compensation in a Florida theft claim. In addition, your Florida homeowners insurance lawyer can speak up on your behalf to make sure your Florida theft claim has taken into account the full value of your losses.  

Contacting a Florida Homeowners Insurance Lawyer 

The Florida homeowners insurance attorney team at Falk & Falk Law Firm knows how important it is to you and your family to get the settlement you need in order to move on with your lives. Our attorney team has experience in helping victims of break-ins—and other homeowners nightmares—recover from their loss. An experienced attorney can help you to fight for the compensation that you need and navigate the tricky world of homeowners insurance. Contact us today – (305) 742-0878.