How much money can I recover in a BP oil spill claim?
If you feel you have suffered damages as a result of the BP oil spill, or even from the threat of the oil spill, you may be entitled to compensation from the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund (OSLTF). This fund, which was established in the 1980’s, and has grown to $2.7 billion, was established to:
- Provide an Emergency Fund for Federal On-Scene Coordinators to respond to oil spills and to initiate natural resource damage assessments; and
- Provide a Principal Fund used to pay claims and to fund appropriations by Congress to Federal agencies to administer the provisions of Oil Pollution Act (OPA) and support research and development
In addition to this, a $20 billion claims fund has been established for victims of the BP oil spill. According to BP, these funds will be available to satisfy legitimate claims, including natural resource damage and state and local response costs.
Through these funds you may be compensated for the value of damages that you suffered due to the BP oil spill. If you need help to estimate the value of your BP oil spill claim, you can get the professional help of a Florida Insurance claims attorney.
How can a Florida insurance claims attorney help me?
If you plan to file for damages in a BP oil spill claim, a Florida insurance claims attorney can:
- Investigate your case;
- Estimate the value of your claim;
- Submit your claim with the necessary paperwork;
- Negotiate your settlement;
- Accept or reject the settlement offer; and
- Pursue your claim in a BP oil spill lawsuit.
If your property or livelihood has been damaged as a result of the BP oil spill, a Florida insurance claims attorney can help you get the money you deserve.
The attorneys at Falk & Falk Law Firm know how important it is to you and your family to get the settlement you need in order to move on with your lives. Our attorneys have experience in helping victims of natural disasters—and other homeowners nightmares—recover from their loss.
An experienced Florida insurance claims attorney can help you to fight for the compensation that you need and navigate the tricky world of homeowners and hurricane insurance. Contact us today – 1-(305) 742-0878.