My Florida property is falling into a sinkhole; what should I do?

Free Case Evaluation

If your home has been damaged by a sinkhole in Florida, you will need to file a Florida sinkhole claim with your homeowners insurance provider. Once you file a Florida sinkhole claim, your insurer will send a geologist to survey your property. The geologist will conduct tests to determine whether there is a sinkhole beneath your property. 

If it is determined that there is a sinkhole, your insurer will send an adjuster to estimate the damage. Once the value has been determined, your homeowners insurer should proceed to pay your Florida sinkhole claim. Be aware that sometimes an insurer will underestimate the value of your claim or even deny your claim altogether. 

If an insurer underestimates the value of your Florida sinkhole claim, you can hire a Florida homeowners insurance attorney to negotiate with the insurer. If these negotiations fail, and your claim is denied, you may choose to pursue damages in a lawsuit. To do so, your Florida homeowners insurance attorney can help you to file an insurance claims lawsuit in a formal court of law. 

In an insurance claims lawsuit, a Florida homeowners insurance attorney can represent your legal interests. In court, your attorney can submit the testimony of the geologist and other experts to prove the value of your claim, in order to help you get the money that you deserve.

 Hiring a Florida Homeowners Insurance Attorney

The Florida homeowners insurance attorney team at Falk & Falk Law Firm knows how important it is to you and your family to get the settlement you need to move on with your lives. Our Florida homeowners insurance attorney team has experience in helping victims of natural disasters—and other homeowners’ nightmares—recover from their loss. An experienced attorney can help you to fight for the compensation that you need and navigate the tricky world of homeowners and hurricane insurance. Contact us today – (305) 742-0878.