The insurance company is saying my property damage was caused by flooding and not wind, but I don’t agree. What should I do?

Free Case Evaluation

If your insurance company is claiming that flooding, not wind, was the cause of your property damage, then your response should depend on the type of insurance policy that you purchased. If your coverage was purchased under the National Flood Insurance Program, then the damages should be covered in a Florida insurance claim.  

If you do not have flood coverage, and you do believe that some or all of your damage was definitely caused by wind, then you may want to get the help of a Florida insurance attorney. 

It is common knowledge that the insurance industry uses tricks to deny or underestimate certain claims. A Florida insurance attorney will be aware of the insurance industry’s methods and can assist you in proving the cause and extent of your property damage. Your Florida insurance attorney may advise you of the evidence that must be gathered to prove your Florida insurance claim. 

If you attempt to negotiate with your insurer, and your Florida insurance claim is still denied, then your Florida insurance attorney may recommend filing a lawsuit against your insurance company. 

An experienced Florida insurance attorney will know the procedures and legalities involved with a Florida insurance claim, and has the resources to represent you. That way, you can focus your time and energy on moving on with your life, instead of haggling with insurance adjusters. 

Contacting a Florida Insurance Attorney 

The Florida insurance attorney team at Falk & Falk Law Firm knows how important it is to you and your family to get the settlement you need in order to move on with your lives. Our insurance attorneys have experience in helping victims of natural disasters—and other homeowners nightmares—recover from their loss. An experienced attorney can help you to fight for the compensation that you need and navigate the tricky world of homeowners and hurricane insurance. Contact us today – (305) 742-0878.